Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

American Idiot - Rick Perry - Governor of Texas

Most Republicans want to turn and run when the subject of George W. Bush comes up. Not Rick Perry of Texas. Here is an excerpt from an interview he did a couple of days ago.

PERRY: At the end of the day, when the history books are written, I think George W. Bush will go down as a very, very good President. Approaching great? I don’t know yet because I don’t know if we’ve seen the –

A year and a half since he’s been out of office, this may be a little bit early to write George’s history. But here’s why he was an incredibly good President: because this man kept America safe. […] (Except for 9/11)

Anyone who is not a rank political hack, who has an agenda, and looks at this President’s efforts — I mean, there are two things that I think people judge Presidents on: their safety and the economy. He was very, very good on both.
(other than the biggest recession since the 1930's and the largest growth in the Federal debt in history.)

There is nothing more to add although I could mention a disastrous and hugely expensive war of astounding incompetence and Katrina as well and I must obviously be a political hack with an agenda. Proud of it as well.

A well deserved Idiot of the day award.

No comments: